We do understand that you have a number of questions to be answered before you embark upon your journey for medical tourism in India – What is medical tourism all about, Why is medical tourism in India, How much does heart surgery cost in India, Which place of India is good for kidney transplant surgery who is the best doctor for my Cosmetic surgery. And lot more. We have tried to list down all such frequently asked questions by our guests for medical treatment abroad. Please feel free to ask more questions that you may have.
Meditourism India offers a complete set of medical facilities for its patients. Form the pre-operation preparation to the minimum 24 hours after the operation (or more); Meditourism India is always ready to offer any technical or psychological support for guests as it is a vulnerable time for them as they are away from home.
Post operation, we are always available for any other services, consultations, feedback about the experience at the medical facility and/or the surgeon and assure that they will be addressed as soon.
MEDITOURISM INDIA offers to service you right from the point you make an enquiry until you are back home and even thereafter.
We will plan your surgery and prepare a detailed itinerary including your appointments for the surgery (pre-operative and post-operative) and your stay or trips in India.
We will handle your bookings, arrange for your first "face to face" consultation, co-ordinate your subsequent schedule of appointments and take care of most of your errands and concierge services as part of facilitation services.
Once back home, we encourage you to keep in touch with us, as your healing progress is important and if at any stage you have any queries, we would like you to contact us, and we will respond accordingly.
- Due to HIV AIDS, additional precautions are taken for blood transfusions and we can assure you that all blood used in medical facilities we associate with are tested as per international standards.
- Indian blood donors are not paid to donate their blood.
- Elective surgery or any possible medical complication arising from having elective procedure is not covered by any of the insurer worldwide.
- For other medical procedures, we advise you to get an authorization from your medical insurance provider before traveling to India - we will be glad to forward you the medical codes or any other necessary documents.
- We do advise to avail regular comprehensive travel insurance while buying your ticket to India.
- We only use Surgeons who have adequate Medical insurance and the necessary malpractice cover in order to operate on our overseas clients and medical tourists from around the world.
- MEDITOURISM INIDA is always a call or an E-mail away from you for any communication. With our access to medical and support facilities, we will try to mobilize required resources/ facilities to alleviate your concerns to the best of our abilities. Thus, we vow to be your 'professional friend' as well, in a city away from home.
- We encourage you to ask as many questions, identify the risks involved with the procedures, and make an informed choice thereafter.
- We ensure that patients are kept in hospitals for minimum of 24 hours post the operation (for most of in-patient surgeries), as 24 hours is the time when medical complications can occur.
- We require you to stay in the city of surgery for a minimum period as suggested by the surgeon ensuring that you have adequate postoperative consultation with the surgeon.
- We are utmost selective in choosing our partner surgeons and medical facilities so as to make sure that chances of complications are minimized in the first place.
- You will be required to stay in the town of surgery for an appropriate period depending on the recuperative procedure, thus ensuring that you are on the correct healing path.
- We urge you to keep in touch with us once back home, as your continued healing process is important to us. We use email / Skype services as an effective feedback and follow up system.
- In an unfortunate situation of any complication that may arise, we will evaluate the situation and deal with it accordingly. In the unlikely event of any further surgery, a return visit may be necessary.
- You will be in the hospital for a minimum of 24 hours post the operation (for most of in-patient surgeries) and this may be extended depending on the procedure performed.
- We will transfer you to a recuperation accommodation facility, which on your choice can be a serviced apartment with full facilities in a truly home environment, or a star rated hotel of choice.
- We call or visit you daily during your stay ensuring that all your personal and post-operative needs are addressed. There is always a executive from our end who is specially given your responsibility.
- We will transfer you for your post-operative consultations with the surgeon.
MEDITOURISM INDIA chooses to partner and offers operations and procedures at only selected few Medical facilities in India. The various parameters that are critical to ensure the quality of services are as follows:
- Medical facility is certified in line with industry standards, fully equipped ICU facilities, and 24 hours nursing.
- Procedures are all done in fully equipped operating rooms with the necessary qualified staff and equipment.
- Patients are kept in hospitals for minimum of 24 hours after the operation, extension of stay period depending upon the procedure performed.
- Medical facility has a dedicated cell for managing international patients.
We fully understand the apprehensions and concerns when you are choosing to get your surgery away from home. We strongly urge everyone to ask questions that concern them most and only make the final decision once you are satisfied with the answers. We at MEDITOURISM INDIA extend patient ears to what you say and do our best to give you an un-biased opinion and always try to provide you with all the relevant information to the best of our knowledge and experience. We urge you to openly communicate with previous clients to make an informed choice.
The quality of the skills and services we offer is amongst the very best in the world. The fact that our pricing is so competitive is because of largely two reasons: Low cost of endowment in India - Qualified doctors, surgeons, nursing staff, lower investments costs, subsidies by government to private healthcare sector are more as compared to other countries An exchange rate regime, which is favorable to India (indicative rates only, may not be currently applicable) 1 USD= 60 Indian rupees 1 GBP= 100 Indian rupees 1 Euro= 80 Indian rupees
- MEDITOURISM INDIA chooses to collaborate only with eminent medical experts in their respective fields. We only associate with surgeons who:
- Are qualified, certified, and registered specialists
- Are registered with the Indian Medical Council or a member of a specialist association - thus, adhering to the ethical codes of conduct as put forward by the council/ association
- Do not have any legal cases of malpractice against them
- Run private practices
- Are covered by medical insurance in India
Excellent Medical Services: India is a destination that combines world-class medical services with low costs, saving around 60-80% as compared to private healthcare in USA or UK - truly first-world infrastructure in selected private medical facilities. Ease of Communication: English is widely spoken/ understood by medical staff and people at large so it is easy to get around. Trained personnel: Internationally certified surgeons and medical specialists, well known for their skills & professional expertise. Vibrant Culture and Tourist Destination: India is a vibrant and the largest democratic country with a stable political environment and is known for its diverse culture, booming economy, rich history - a must see destination from a tourist's point of view.
- Plastic or Cosmetic surgery including Breast reduction and lifts, Facelift and Tummy tuck being the most popular - These are the higher cost procedures and are often combined together by our clients to save the cost
- Weight loss/ Bariatric Surgery - Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy being the most popular among bariatric surgery followed by Lap Band, Gastric Bypass and Intra gastric ballooning
- Cosmetic Dentistry having Crowns and implants
- Orthopedic - Knee Replacement, Hip replacement, and resurfacing
- Cardiac - Heart Bypass, Valve replacement
- Brain surgery - Gamma Knife and other brain procedures
- Spine surgery - Minimally invasive spine surgeries, Laminectomies, spinal Decompressions, cervical discectomy
When we started off, most of our clients were from the UK, which was followed by the USA and Canada. Now an increasing share of our clients is also coming from Australia, New Zealand, and Africa.
Meditourism India has most clients coming to Mumbai, as it is the biggest medical hub in India. Delhi is also a very popular destination for treatment abroad in India.
You need a valid visa to enter India, which can be obtained at the Indian embassy in your country. You can either obtain a tourist or medical visa to enter India. A medical visa can be obtained by producing a letter from the treating doctor or the hospital stating the purpose of your visit.
India is a big country and different parts of the country experience different weather and temperature in different seasons. While North India has extreme temperatures, west and South India is temperate. You need to know which part of the country you are visiting and what type of weather and temperatures to expect during that time.
Indian food is quite different from rest of the world. Not only it tastes very different, it is cooked differently. The taste and smell of the food varies in different parts of the country and is as different as its culture. The only things common in food across different parts is its spiciness. Whether it is a North Indian dish or a South India cuisine, spices are used generously. It is worthwhile to note that all the spices used have some or the other nutritional or medicinal properties.
Money and Costs
India is quite inexpensive compared to the western countries, has a great exchange rate. India is a paradise for shoppers. One gets a platter of options right from Old bustling bazaars to sprawling shopping malls. The most popular items among visitors are antiques, handicrafts, leather articles, rugs and carpets, linen & fabrics, silk and jewelry. It is easy to exchange money and credit cards are accepted at most of the places.